Book Club Discussion Questions
1. Did parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way? Did this lead to a new understanding or awareness of some aspect of your life?
2. Was it surprising to discover that goddess worship was the first religion in the Middle East and dominated throughout history until 5000-7000 years ago?
3. Did Seven Perfumes make you look differently at your own religion? Why?
4. How has this story helped you understand the Middle East better?
5. In what ways have your views about Israeli-Palestinian relations changed after reading this book?
6. Do you feel motivated now to try to do something to stop violence against women? Would you if you felt it could help?